Monday, January 14, 2013

Review: Serial Hottie by Kelly Oram

by Kelly Oram
Published July 10th 2012
Publisher: Bluefields
 Paperback, 374 pages

Hockey-obsessed tomboy Eleanor Westley has never been the object of a guy's affection before. So when the hottest boy she's ever seen moves in across the street and starts treating her like she's the center of his universe, naturally she's going to be a little skeptical. 

But everything starts to make sense when girls who look just like Ellie start dying all around the city. Obviously the new guy is the killer, and of course he only likes her because he wants to slice her into tiny pieces. Right? 

The more Ellie gets to know Seth the more she's convinced he's a psychopathic killer. Problem is, he's the sweetest psychopathic killer she's ever met. Not to mention he's brutally hot. No matter how hard she tries, she can't help but fall for him. 

Will Ellie find true love, or will her summer of firsts turn out to be a summer of lasts?--Goodreads
4 Stars
Review:

Don't judge a book by its title! I'm definitely sure my friends are going to make fun of me for reading a novel with such a title like Serial Hottie, but it was surprisingly a good read.

This is the summer that changes Ellie from a tomboy to a tomboy who likes some girly things. She still can beat up any boy, but now she can beat up a guy while looking girly at the same time. Ellie is hilarious! I like how she sometimes unknowingly says what she's thinking out loud. Angela who's Ellie's older sister is the opposite of Ellie, Ang is girly and popular. I liked seeing how the two of them were bonding over the course of the novel.

Not going to lie, Seth really freaked me out. On several occasions I thought he was the Saturday Night Slasher. Random thought: Why do people always give serial killers catchy names? There was a bunch of evidence that suggested that Seth was the killer, but Kelly Oram does an amazing job making the reader think that he's not, but at the same time be suspicious of him. But then I thought Travis was the serial killer... the person that was actually the killer was so unexpected! (As obvious as this seems, Jenny has just given a spoiler. I'm not going to do anything about it. ;P)


Purchase this novel at: Amazon / B&N

3 comments:

  1. Yea, Oram had me guessing up until the end and there was a barely there hint and I was like, holy cow! It's him!

    I agree, Seth was such a creeper at times, I wanted to slap him! But the steamy scenes were excellent too! Although atty times I felt the MC was too young for that type of attention...maybe I'm just jealous! Haha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this now. It looks really good. I like books that might sounds silly but as long as they have good characters and great romance I'll read it. Must add this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't lie. I love the cover and title of this book. It's so super cheesy that I just have to read it. I'm glad that the author doesn't make the real serial killer too obvious and keeps you suspicious :)

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! We really appreciate your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...