Saturday, December 22, 2012

Review: Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry

Pushing the Limits (Pushing the Limits #1) 
by Katie McGarry
Published: July 31st 2012
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Hardcover, 392 pages

"I won't tell anyone, Echo. I promise." Noah tucked a curl behind my ear. It had been so long since someone touched me like he did. Why did it have to be Noah Hutchins? His dark brown eyes shifted to my covered arms. "You didn't do that-did you? It was done to you?" No one ever asked that question. They stared. They whispered. They laughed. But they never asked. 

So wrong for each other...and yet so right. 

No one knows what happened the night Echo Emerson went from popular girl with jock boyfriend to gossiped-about outsider with "freaky" scars on her arms. Even Echo can't remember the whole truth of that horrible night. All she knows is that she wants everything to go back to normal. But when Noah Hutchins, the smoking-hot, girl-using loner in the black leather jacket, explodes into her life with his tough attitude and surprising understanding, Echo's world shifts in ways she could never have imagined. They should have nothing in common. And with the secrets they both keep, being together is pretty much impossible.Yet the crazy attraction between them refuses to go away. And Echo has to ask herself just how far they can push the limits and what she'll risk for the one guy who might teach her how to love again.--Goodreads



5 Stars! It's a keeper!
Review:

I know, I know! I'm really late on the Pushing the Limits train! I got this book over the summer, but there were sooo many good awesome books that came out over the summer, so didn't get the time to get to this one, but this book was wow to the max!

I love all the suspense and mystery in this book. Katie McGarry drops you right into the story and it's up to the reader to figure out what is happening. At first, I thought it was really confusing and I admit, it took me a a chapter or two to understand to situation, but it was really interesting to find out what's happening. After you find out what is happening, you still don't know the full story! If you are like me and are baited by the mystery and you HAVE to know what is going on, then you are probably going to finish this book in one sitting like I did. This book truly blew contemporary out of the water! Reading this novel is time well spent!

The guidance counselor/ social worker was so trusting and nice! I love my guidance counselor, but this lady took guidance to the next level! First, she got Echo and Noah working together and that my friend is how the story got started! Second, she didn't judge them. Third, she was the one who helped our hero and heroine get their lives back and better than it currently is. I found myself trusting her and just in general liking her. 

Best friend: Ok YAN family, this is the most crucial part of the book: the best friend. It's the deciding factor of a good book.... I LOVED Lila! Girl was the BEST! She has stuck with Echo through everything she has been through in her life! Lila helped Echo when Echo's accident happened, when Echo's mom had her bipolar episodes, and when Echo's brother died. Lila was definitely a true friend, unlike Grace.

Isaiah and Beth. Isaiah and Beth are Noah's best friends. I thought they were interesting characters, but they really cared about Noah and that was really sweet. The three of them are all in foster care, well Beth isn't, but she stays with them a lot since her mom isn't the ideal person you want to live with. Beth was a bit rude to Echo, which I didn't quite get, but all the more reason to read Katie McGarry's new novel featuring Beth! :)

Echo and Noah. I can't really explain how well this duo worked in this novel, but they just made the novel that much better. I promise you if you read Pushing the Limits you will love Echo and Noah as well! But keep in mind Echo is a tad insecure about herself, especially after that night, and Noah has a really tough skin and gets mad easily, and all of this can be annoying at times, but understand where they are coming from!

Overall, A-M-A-Z-I-N-G book! Can't wait for Dare You To



Purchase Pushing the Limits at: Amazon / B&N / TBD

4 comments:

  1. I was unsure about this book, but after receiving a free copy from Harlequin Teen Panel and reading this review, I'll have to give it a try. I'm excited for the suspense and mystery; if these aspects are as good as you say, they'll really set Pushing the Limits apart from other romance novels.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you enjoy the book! I know I did! :)

      -Jenny@YAN

      Delete
  2. I thought the guidance counselor was an awesome addition to this story. I really enjoyed it, and even cried a bit, especially for Noah's story. I'm glad you liked this one! :)

    ~Sara @ Forever 17 Books

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how the guidance counselor didn't give up on them or try to change them, instead she guided them! :)

      Jenny@YAN

      Delete

Please share your thoughts! We really appreciate your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...