Tuesday, January 22, 2013

ARC Review: Hooked by Liz Fichera

Hooked (Hooked #1)
By Liz Fichera 
Expected Publication: January 31st 2013 
Publisher: Harlequin Teen 
Paperback, 368 pages


Get hooked on a girl named Fred... 

HE said: Fred Oday is a girl? Why is a girl taking my best friends spot on the boy's varsity golf team?

SHE said: Can I seriously do this? Can I join the boys' team? Everyone will hate me - especially Ryan Berenger.

HE said: Coach expects me to partner with Fred on the green? That is crazy bad. Fred's got to go - especially now that I can't get her out of my head. So not happening. 

SHE said: Ryan can be nice, when he's not being a jerk. Like the time he carried my golf bag. But the girl from the rez and the spoiled rich boy from the suburbs? So not happening.

But there's no denying that things are happening as the girl with the killer swing takes on the boy with the killer smile...--Goodreads


Disclaimer: Thank you's to Liz Fichera and Netgalley for the review book! These are our honest opinions. We were not paid for this review. 


2 Stars

Review/ Rant?:

I was not feeling the novel at all. Everything seemed a bit forced and things were happening because of reasons that weren't that believable to begin with. 

I didn't understand or relate to Fred at all. Fred is Native American, but honestly for most of the novel, I forgot that she was even Native American. Was that suppose to happen? Isn't her being Native American a big part of her? The main point is the fact that she's NA... The interactions between Fred and other characters were... I have no idea how to describe it, but they just made me uncomfortable to read. Most of the book made me a bit uncomfortable. It wasn't uncomfortable as in I shouldn't be reading this uncomfortable, instead it was more of a this is so awkward uncomfortable. 

Ryan was just a huge question mark. I didn't really get Fred, but I completely did not get Ryan either. A handful of times I did, but other than that, I really didn't understand him or any of the other characters.

Also the plot. What exactly was the plot? 

I really tried to like this book and its characters, but I didn't. This novel was not for me, but hopefully you guys will like this novel much more than I did. 



Pre-Order this novel at: Amazon / B&N / TBD

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the honest review. I'm sorry you did not like this. From the blurb, I thought that it's a love story between Fred and Ryan. How they hated each other at the beginning and then they get together at the end. Was that not the plot? Oh well, I'm not hugely into romance so I'll pass on this one. :D

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! We really appreciate your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...