Saturday, January 5, 2013

Review: Catching Jordan by Miranda Kenneally

Catching Jordan (Hundred Oaks #1)
by Miranda Kenneally
Publish: December 1st 2011
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Paperback, 281 pages


ONE OF THE BOYS 

What girl doesn't want to be surrounded by gorgeous jocks day in and day out? Jordan Woods isn't just surrounded by hot guys, though-she leads them as the captain and quarterback of her high school football team. They all see her as one of the guys and that's just fine. As long as she gets her athletic scholarship to a powerhouse university.

But everything she's ever worked for is threatened when Ty Green moves to her school. Not only is he an amazing QB, but he's also amazingly hot. And for the first time, Jordan's feeling vulnerable. Can she keep her head in the game while her heart's on the line?--Goodreads

4 Stars

Review:

I LOVE Jordan aka Woods' voice! Her voice in the novel was sarcastic and hilarious! But I felt like she was lacking confidence for most of the book. I really wanted her to stand up for herself and say the things she thought, but she didn't... At the end of the book, I was kind of mad at her for losing her focus so easily. 

Ty was a strange character. I thought he was a bit too angry or overly sensitive most of time, to tell you the truth, I thought he was extremely annoying. I hated how Jordan was changing herself her him! They were small changes, but still... Ughh!

The romance factor shocked me. I was not expecting those two...

I'm not a huge football fan. I'll sometimes watch it, but I'm not a football fanatic by any means. So since this book was about football it really surprised me that I liked it! I've read the Dairy Queen series by Catherine Gilbert Murdock and loved them too, so I guess my liking Catching Jordan shouldn't be that much of a surprise? 



Purchase this novel at: Amazon / B&N / TBD

2 comments:

  1. No, it's totally not a surprise! Catching Jordan is fantastic-- and even though I don't like football either, I loved Dairy Queen too! :D I can't say that I was really "shocked" by those two, but I was definitely happy for them! Fab review, Jenny! (:

    Loves,
    Megan@The Book Babe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got to read this book so badly! Everyone says how awesome it is but I've just never stopped to pick up a copy. I always get distracted by other books! Love your review!

    Jesse @ Pretty In Fiction

    ReplyDelete

Please share your thoughts! We really appreciate your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...